19 September 2007

Hats Hats Hats, oh how I love them!

Well, if your are an avid reader of TranzStyle Guy then you will know about my love for hats. Not baseball style head wear, but a real - nice hat. I am not sure how but I was just turned onto a Lock & Co Hatters, I know we silly Americans know nothing yadda yadda yadda.

From their website:

Ask any London taxi-driver for "Lock's" and without question he will take you to Number 6, St James's Street, S.W.1, the home of James Lock & Co., Hatters.

A postcard from abroad was once promptly delivered there, although it was addressed simply to 'The best hatters in the world, London'. Established not later than 1676 to wait upon the Court at St. James's the business now serves customers from all corners of the earth. Its' survival is the consequence of progressive conservatism, of confidence in quality and a demonstration of the effectiveness of persistent personality and individuality in an increasingly mass-minded world.

The history of the business is inseparable from the history of the street. It reflects continually the passage of events in the 'corridors of power' radiating from Westminster and St. James's, for its' conduct has always been sensitive to economic, political and social change. It is also inseparable from the history of the Lock family, and in particular of the personality of James Lock as the head of that family.

Please forgive me for my ignorance of such fine hatters - I am new to the whole world of menswear.

Anyway, check them out. I covet so many hats my current obsession is their medium brimmed Madison (on right)

-TSG

Save to Del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Wedding clothes for men said...

It exhausting to find knowledgeable individuals on this subject, but you sound like you already know what you are speaking about! Thanks